Friday 7 October 2016

Spotted Pardalote No 2 in acrylics

I have always wanted to see this bird in person and on recent holiday to Tasmania I managed to get too see one.  Thank goodness for 50x cameras -  I saw an outline in a gum tree and knew that it was pardalote shape and with the aid of binoculars and the camera was able to see him.  Really pleased with how my painting turned out as the  reference photo I took was right into digital zoom mode so it was not the sharpest reference photo to work from.  But I have found that I have painted so many birds  now that I can draw on my knowledge and work from not so great reference photos.  So there is truth  to the saying "Practice makes perfect" :).

Spotted Pardalote No 2 measures 6 x 6 inches and is painted on Colourfix Smooth paper.

Sold


No comments:

Post a Comment