Tuesday 29 September 2015

Calliope Hummingbird in acrylics

I always find hummingbirds a bit of a challenge to paint re feathers.  I nearly gave up on this one as it was just not working.  So I went and made myself a cup of coffee and eat some chocolate biscuits (that always helps).  After my break everything just started to come together and the painting took shape.  Really pleased with how the final painting turned out. 

Calliope Hummingbirds are native to the United States and Canada.  They winter in Central America.  They are a very small hummingbird measuring only 7 - 10 cm in length and
weigh between 2 - 3 grams.


Calliope Hummingbird measures 5 x 5 inches and is painted on 300gsm smooth Arches watercolour paper.

Many thanks to David A Mitchell for the reference photo.

Sold



No comments:

Post a Comment