Friday 15 February 2019

Scarlet Honeyeater in Acrylics

I love how this one is peeking out from behind the flowers. 

I used a combination of Atelier Free Flow acrylics and the Atelier Interactive acrylics to build up the depth to the red feathers.  I bought  a set of Atelier Free Flow Artist Acrylic paints at the end of last year to  try out.   I love the Atelier Interactive acrylics that I use but I wanted to try out an acrylic paint that couldn't be reopened.  The Free Flow acrylics are great to block in the bird and the Free Flow titanium white thins down beautiful to build up  the layers of feathers which are then glazed over with the Interactive acrylics.   Which is basically what I did to get the depth to this ones beautiful red feathers.


Scarlet Honeyeater measures 6 x 6 inches and is painted on Colourfix smooth Paper.


Many thanks to Pixabay for the reference photo.

  
The painting is available for purchase through Etsy.  To view the listing, please click here.





No comments:

Post a Comment