Wednesday 4 February 2015

Black Headed Gouldian Finch ACEO

I love this ones colours.  It did give me a few problems when painting it.  I had to change the background colour as what I started out with just didn't work. Also I  had to work a bit on the branch to get it to fade into the background but I got there in the end and I am rather pleased with how it turned out.


Wild Gouldian Finches can be found in northern Australia.  Gouldian finches can be red, black or yellow. Through selective breeding, colour mutations of blue, yellow and silver instead of a green black have developed on both body and breast colour.  So this one has been bred.  They measure around 13 - 14 cm in length. 

Black Headed Gouldian Finch measures 3.5 x 2.5 inches and is painted on 300gsm smooth Arches watercolour paper.

Many thanks to Terry Krusak for the reference photo.

Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment