Thursday 31 October 2013

European Goldfinch ACEO in acrylics

I had this one all ready to paint before I went on holiday but never got around to painting it - I had a few computer and mobile phone problems which threw my painting schedule out the window

I saw quite a few of these birds in Tasmania - they were introduced to Australia in the19th century.  I wasn't able to get any good shots of them around the accommodation I was staying at but I did visit a zoo in Richmond and they had an aviary with different finches and one of them was the Goldfinch. Managed to take a few good photos so I am planning on painting another one but it will be in a larger format with a more detailed flower background.

European Goldfinch measures 3.5 x 2.5 inches and is painted on 300gsm smooth Arches watercolour paper.

Many thanks to Kev Chapman for the reference photo.

Sold



No comments:

Post a Comment