Friday 6 December 2013

Flame Robin in acrylics

I loved painting this one.  Everything just seemed to work and I am really pleased with the result. 

I have found another reference photo of a butterfly.  This time a American Lady.  I have painted the background so will paint the butterfly in the next few days. 

Also, I ordered a few Raymar 6 x 8 canvas panel to try out and they should arrive next week.  Just want to try them before placing another order for panels.  The Raymar panels are a lot lighter than the Ampersand Gessobord panels, are available in a few different sizes and come in packs of 10 so I am looking forward to trying them out. 

Flame Robin measures 6 x 4 inches and is painted on 300gsm smooth Arches watercolour paper.

Many thanks to Patrick Kavanagh for the reference photo.

Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment