Monday 14 November 2016

Chestnut Backed Chickadee No 3 in acrylics

I love how this little guy is perched on the branch and the tilt of his head.  Really pleased with how it turned out.

My brush order arrived today from Rosemary & Co in UK -  I was down to my last spare Designer Pointed Sable Mixture size 4 brush.  I order 10 size 4 brushes so that should last me awhile.  For most of my paintings, I use a flat brush for the background and for the rest of the painting I use a Pointed Size 4 brush.  So I go through quite a few of them as once the  point goes, I have to replace them.  They do last really well through - the last order I placed was back in February and I only order 6 of them.  And finally I sign my name with Rigger Script brush. 

Chestnut Backed Chickadee measures 5 x 5 inches and is painted on Colourfix Smooth paper.

Many thanks to Andy Reago & Chrissy McClarren for the reference photo.







No comments:

Post a Comment