Monday 21 December 2015

Giant Swallowtail Butterfly in coloured pencils

My local art store had a 50% off everything sale on the other day and I have been thinking about trying out coloured pencils. So since they were half price I decided to give them a go.  Purchased a tin of Faber Castell polychromos coloured pencils. I tried drawing a bird first but didn't like the result - much prefer painting them in acrylics.  So then I did butterfly and was rather pleased with how it turned out.  Next I am going to try them out on a Kangaroo as I think they will work rather well as I will be able to layer in different colours.

Giant Swallowtail Butterfly measures 6 x 6 inches and is drawn on  300gsm smooth Arches watercolour paper.

Many thanks to Rodney Campbell for the reference photo.

Sold



No comments:

Post a Comment