Wednesday 7 January 2015

Icterine Warbler ACEO in acrylics

I just love how the bird stands out from the background. To get the effect for the background, I painted it a little bit differently to normal  - I  started off really dark and then blended in the lighter colours to get the highlight effect. Worked rather well. Also, I have using  a different brand of white acrylic paint for my backgrounds - another Australian Professional Brand Derivan Matisse Flow Acrylics . I love my Atelier Interactive acrylic paints but as the paint can be reactivated, I was finding that my background colours were lifting.   Matisse  is also a bit more free flowing than the Atelier brand so the white dilutes my Atelier paints without me having to add water.  It seems to be good combination that is working really well.

Icterine Warblers are found in  mainland Europe and winter in Sub Saharan Africa.  The measure 12- 13.5 cm in length.  "Icterine" term refers to its yellowish colouring.

Icterine Warbler measures 3.5 x 2.5 inches and is painted on 300gsm smooth Arches watercolour paper.

Many thanks to Ron Knight for the reference photo.

Sold


No comments:

Post a Comment