Friday 23 May 2014

Yellow Warbler in acrylics

I enjoyed painting this one and everything just seem to work.  Really pleased with the final painting. I thought the berries might be a problem but they turned out fine. 

I ordered my brushes last week from the UK (http://www.rosemaryandco.com) and they arrived today.  Just as well as my no 3 brush is just not holding its point  - can't complain though as it has lasted really really well - it is the brush I use to paint the birds and animals so I have probably painted 100 plus paintings with it!!!

Yellow Warblers are found across the most of Northern America. The male yellow warbler has a rich chestnut streaking on its breast and belly.  They measure around 12 - 13 cm in length and weigh between 9 - 11 grams.

Yellow Warbler measures 6 x 6 inches and is painted on Raymar's canvas panel.

Many thanks to Nigel for the reference photo.









No comments:

Post a Comment