Wednesday 15 January 2014

Superb Fairy Wren ACEO in acrylics

I had to paint another Superb Fairy Wren since they are one of my favourite birds.  I am really pleased how this one turned out.  It all just seemed to work - just had to lighten the background a bit.  I still want to paint a male and female wren in one painting - it will be 6 x 8 inch as I like that size.  I still need to order some more panels -  I see that Ampersand has now come out with a 6 x 8 inch panels so I have to make a decision on either going with the gessobord panels or the Raymar canvas panels - still undecided - both have there pro's and con's.  Painting a Kingfisher at the moment on the canvas panel so see how turns out before making a final decision.

Superb Fairy Wren measures 2.5 x 3.5 inches and is painted on 300gsm smooth Arches watercolour paper.

Many thanks to James Niland for the reference photo.

Sold


No comments:

Post a Comment