Thursday 31 January 2013

Is Playtime Over? - Kitten in oils

We have had rather a wild week of weather here in South East Queensland.  I have never experienced so much rain and strong winds.  Fortunately the area that I live in Brisbane has not been affected by the floods.  The only damage we have had were trees being uprooted and the shade clothes at the local shopping centre coming down.  The hardest hit area has been Bundaberg which is about a five hours drive from here.  People have had to be rescued by  helicopter.  The force of nature is unbelievable.  Hopefully we do not have to experience another ex cyclonic weather system again this summer.

On a brighter note, I did manage to paint this cute little kitten.  The title "Is Playtime Over? seemed  rather appropriately.

I have family staying with me at the moment so it is a bit difficult to paint. Hopefully I can finish another painting this week.

Is Playtime over? is painted on 6 x 6 Ampersand Gessobord.

.

Many thanks to Judy for the reference photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment